Monday, September 29, 2008

Presidential debates at the Meridian Market



Lucky for me I live in the heaven of Seattle: Green Lake. Check out the slide show above from our celebration of democracy on 55th St.

Last week, some of my neighbors including the great photographer Roseanne Olson and one of the latest MacArthur fellows, David Montgomery gathered to listen and watch.

Wally Wright, one of the proprietors at the Meridian Market, offered his place for the community to gather for the first presidential debates, and took a few pictures for posterity.

I haven't heard yet but I imagine we will be back together for the vice-presidential "I can see Russia from my house" debates this Thursday, Oct. 2.

Update: Game on! Wally just replied that "we couldn't pass up one of the most anticipated comedy events of the year." He'll be serving lasagna, caesar salad and other appetizers for debate night Oct. 2 at the Meridian Market again. Don't be late!

No comments: